Revision as of 03:10, 14 December 2006 by 184.108.40.206
Guests can be started using one of the following
- Launches a unique init process for the guest.
- Guest's init process executes the rc scripts.
- Therefore, you cannot watch the startup process.
- However, shutdown or restart command will work
- sysv (default)
- Executes the runlevel scripts directly.
- You can you can watch the startup process.
- Slightly lighter weight since no additional init process is needed.
- A fake init process is shown in the guest.
- You must use "reboot -f" or "halt -f" to restart or shut down from withint the guest.
- Like sysv but works on Gentoo-based guests.
- Was deprecated but has been reinstated around util-vserver 0.30.212.
- Like plain init but smaller.
- minit must be installed on the guest.
The init style should go in a file containing the init style as a single word.
If the file doesn't exist or the word isn't recognized, sysv will be used.